Friday, April 6, 2012

Foodie Friday: Spring Date Night Pizza

Friday night is date night in our house. And sometimes, the best dates are the ones where we just stay home and relax. This week, it was a pizza and Netflix kinda night. 


I am gluten sensitive, some I made a crust using a GF mix from Bob's Red Mill but there are tons of great recipes out there. You could also grab pre--made dough or crusts at your local grocery store. 


Ingredients
-Pizza dough or crust
-olive oil
-minced garlic
-asparagus
-heirloom tomatoes
-mushrooms
-roasted red peppers
-goat cheese (two 3 oz. tubes)
-basil

Instructions
-Prepare crust (I blind-baked mine at 425 for 7 minutes before topping)
-Slather the garlic-infused oil onto the baked crusts
-Slice tomatoes and mushrooms
-Rip basil
-Shave asparagus (I used a veggie peeler...you could also slice)
-Layer one tube of goat cheese over oil
-Add tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, and peppers
-Sprinkle on asparagus shavings
-Top with 2nd  tube of goat cheese
-Bake for 12-15 minutes

Since I didn't want sauce to mask the flavors of the
other ingredients, I chose a tasty heirloom tomato as the base.
The Orange Blossom tomato just melts into the crust! 

Crust, resting and getting ready to roll.

Garlic-infused olive oil that I brushed onto the crust before

Everything ready to go!

Pretty as a picture.

Ready and delicious. Bring on the Mad Men, the comfy couch, and my sweetie!

Other Topping Ideas
-Pesto, tomato, and yellow squash
-Gruyere and roasted mushrooms
-Ricotta and roasted broccolini








No comments:

Post a Comment